Welcome to the Laboratory of Applied Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence (MathaiLab) at Piraeus University of Applied Sciences.
The Lab specializes in the research areas of Applied Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, the suitable combination of Numeric with Symbolic features for the effective management of Data, Information and Knowledge as well as the production of the relevant software and applications.
The members of the Lab are mainly coming from the General Department of Mathematics of Piraeus University of Applied Sciences. They have a long experience in group working in common research projects with extensive published research work in international journals and Conferences.
The main focus of the Laboratory of Applied Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence (MathaiLab) is to cover educational and research needs in the area of Applied Mathematics for Science and Engineering systems as well as in the area of Artificial Intelligence.
More specifically the research targets of the Lab include:
- Mathematical Modeling
- Simulation for Engineering systems
- Systems Optimization
- Computational Mathematics
- Processing and Validation of Data Acquisition Results
- Combination of Numeric with Symbolic Data
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques
- Detection, Prediction, Diagnosis and Compensation of Fault
- Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge Engineering
- Evolutionary Computing